If you are shopping around for stocks to buy in July, you should check out this article. Using our data provider, S&P Global Market Intelligence and the Magic Formula methodology popularised by Joel Greenblatt, we found some shares that could interest investors.
The basic premise of the Magic Formula is to find the 30 best shares in the market as ranked by their cheapness and their quality and to hold on to that basket of shares for a year before repeating the ranking process. For a deeper understanding of how the formula works, here’s an article explaining the strategy.
With that, here’s a list of the top 15 out of those 30 stocks in Singapore’s stock market for July 2019:
- Noble Group Limited (SGX: CGP)
- China Sunsine Chemical Holdings Ltd (SGX: CH8)
- Valuetronics Holdings Limited (SGX: BN2)
- Delong Holdings Limited (SGX: BQO)
- Yangzijiang Shipbuilding Holdings Ltd (SGX:BS6)
- InnoTek Ltd (SGX: M14)
- Best World International Limited (SGX: CGN)
- AEM Holdings Ltd (SGX: AWX)
- HRnetGroup Ltd (SGX: CHZ)
- Meghmani Organics Limited (SGX: M30)
- Cortina Holdings Limited (SGX: C41)
- Challenger Technologies Limited (SGX: 573)
- TPV Technology Limited (SGX: T18)
- Hour Glass Ltd (SGX: AGS)
- Spindex Industries Ltd (SGX: 564)
As seen from the above list, the Magic Formula could throw up companies that look shabby. That is why diversification is essential when using this strategy. For important lessons learnt from the previous exercises, you can jump into the article here.
This exercise merely aims to provide some stock ideas for investors who are looking to do better than the market average. Take it like a stock screener where you screen for a specific set of criteria. It is not a recommendation to buy any of the stocks. Investors should carry out their research before purchasing any of the companies mentioned.
There are 28 surprising and important things we think every Singaporean investor should know—and we’ve laid them all out in The Motley Fool Singapore’s new e-book. Packed with information and insights, we believe this book will help you be a better, smarter investor. You can download the full e-book FREE of charge—simply click here now to claim your copy.
The information provided is for general information purposes only and is not intended to be personalised investment or financial advice. The Motley Fool Singapore has recommended shares of AEM Holdings Ltd and HRnetGroup Ltd. Motley Fool Singapore contributor Sudhan P owns shares in HRnetGroup Ltd.