The Motley Fool

3 Trusts Giving Out Distributions on Tuesday

Real estate investment trusts (REITs) and business trusts are popular among investors as they pay out regular distributions, usually on a quarterly basis.

On that note, there are three REITs and business trusts going ex-dividend tomorrow. In other words, you need to own them before that day in order to receive their distributions. Let’s take a look at them.

Keppel DC REIT (SGX: AJBU)

Keppel DC REIT currently owns 15 high-quality data centres located in key data centre hubs, including Singapore.

The REIT is dishing out 3.7 Singapore cents per share for the second half of 2018.

For the full year ended 31 December 2018, Keppel DC REIT’s gross revenue grew 26.2% year-on-year to S$175.5 million while its net property income rose 26% to S$157.7 million. Distribution per unit (DPU) increased by 2.8% to 7.32 Singapore cents.

The higher revenue was mainly due to an addition of new assets, namely, Keppel DC Singapore 5, maincubes Data Centre and Keppel DC Dublin 2. Higher contributions from Keppel DC Dublin 1 and Keppel DC Singapore 3 also led to the higher revenue.

Keppel DC REIT’s unit price closed at S$1.48 on Friday, translating to a price-to-book (PB) ratio of 1.4 and a trailing distribution yield of 4.9%.

Keppel Infrastructure Trust (SGX: A7RU)

Keppel Infrastructure Trust is the largest infrastructure-focused business trust listed in Singapore. Its portfolio currently consists of eight assets, seven of which are based in Singapore, with the remaining asset located in Australia.

Keppel Infrastructure Trust is giving out 0.93 Singapore cent per share for the fourth quarter of 2018.

Revenue for 2018 inched up by 0.8% to S$637.4 million mainly on the back of higher contributions from City Gas due to higher town gas tariffs. However, profit attributable to unitholders fell 32.7% to S$32.0 million. The poor showing was mainly due to lower contribution from City Gas as a result of a time lag in the adjustment of gas tariffs to reflect actual fuel cost, lower revenue at Basslink, and higher fair value loss of derivative financial instruments.

Distributable cash flow for the year was 2.1% lower at S$141.2 million primarily due to decreased contributions from City Gas.

Keppel Infrastructure Trust’s units last traded at S$0.52 apiece on Friday. At that price, the trust had a PB ratio of 1.9 and a trailing distribution yield of 7.2%.

Mapletree Industrial Trust (SGX: ME8U)

Mapletree Industrial Trust owns 86 industrial assets in Singapore and 14 data centres in the United States.

The REIT is paying 3.07 Singapore cents per share for its third quarter.

For the three months ended 31 December 2018, gross revenue improved by 2.3% year-on-year to S$93.6 million while net property income rose 1.4% year-on-year to S$71.9 million. The increases were due to the contribution from Phase One of the build-to-suit project for HP Singapore, as well as new contributions from Mapletree Sunview 1 and 30A Kallang Place.

The REIT’s quarterly DPU rose 6.6% year-on-year to 3.07 cents mainly as a result of income contribution from the REIT’s 40% interest in the United States data centre portfolio. The remaining 60% is held by its sponsor, Mapletree Investments Pte Ltd.

Mapletree Industrial Trust’s unit price last closed at S$2.03 on Friday, giving a PB ratio of 1.4 and a trailing distribution yield of 5.9%.

Maximise dividends on your REITs with our brand-new Complete Guide To Buying The Best Singapore REITs. We reveal everything we think you need to know about finding the best REITs that hands you a fat dividend cheque ...even if you have no REITs experience at all! Get instant access to your 100% FREE, actionable, 42-page PDF guide here.

The information provided is for general information purposes only and is not intended to be personalised investment or financial advice. The Motley Fool Singapore has recommended units of Mapletree Industrial Trust. Motley Fool Singapore contributor Sudhan P doesn’t own shares in any companies mentioned.