Good evening, everyone. Here are three things about the local stock market and investing in general that you might be interested in today.
1. The Straits Times Index (SGX: ^STI) finished the day at 3,399.09 points, declining 20.04 points or 0.59%.
The biggest loser in the index was Wilmar International Limited (SGX: F34), slumping 3.9% to S$3.19.
Yesterday, the agribusiness group released its financial results for the third quarter ended 30 September 2017. Revenue inched up by 0.4% year-on-year to US$11.13 billion, but net profit slumped 5.7% to S$370.03 million. The top line was propped up by “increased sales from Oilseeds & Grains” while the bottom line fell mostly due to higher operating expenses.
On the other end of the spectrum, Ascendas Real Estate Investment Trust (SGX: A17U) gained the most today. The industrial REIT added 0.4% to S$2.65.
2. Below are some of the latest earnings coverage:
- Old Chang Kee Ltd (SGX: 5ML) – click here
- Health Management International Ltd (SGX: 588) – click here
- Sarine Technologies Ltd (SGX: U77) – click here
3. Amidst the flurry of earnings reports, if you are cracking your head and wondering if it is a better time to buy a stock before or after a company’s financial results are announced, you should check out Jeremy Chia’s article here.
(Hint: Always focus on the long-term.)
Keep up to date on the latest financial and stock market news by signing up now for a FREE subscription to The Motley Fool's weekly investing newsletter, Take Stock Singapore. It will teach you how you can grow your wealth in the years ahead too.
Also, like us on Facebook to follow our latest hot articles. The Motley Fool's purpose is to help the world invest, better.
The information provided is for general information purposes only and is not intended to be personalised investment or financial advice. Motley Fool Singapore contributor Sudhan P doesn’t own shares in any companies mentioned.