Here are three things about the local stock market and investing in general that you might be interested in today.
1. The Straits Times Index (SGX: ^STI), finished the day at 3,293.1 points, tumbling around 1%. The biggest winner in the index was SembCorp Industries Limited (SGX: U96), closing at S$3.24, up 1.9%. On the other hand, the biggest loser, which declined around 7% to US$0.445, was Hutchison Port Holdings Trust (SGX: NS8U). The trust released its second-quarter earnings yesterday.
2. Other than Hutchison Port, the following listed entities released their latest quarterly results. So do check out their earnings coverage below:
- Ascott Residence Trust (SGX: A68U) – click here
- Keppel Telecommunications & Transport Ltd (SGX: K11)– click here
3. The largest initial public offering (IPO) in six years, NetLink NBN Trust (SGX: CJLU), debuted on our stock exchange yesterday at 3pm. The IPO was two times oversubscribed and gross proceeds of around S$2.3 billion were received by the trust. NetLink closed at S$0.805 today, down 0.6% from the IPO price of S$0.81.
Keep up to date on the latest financial and stock market news by signing up now for a FREE subscription to The Motley Fool's weekly investing newsletter, Take Stock Singapore. It will teach you how you can grow your wealth in the years ahead too.
Also, like us on Facebook to follow our latest hot articles.
The information provided is for general information purposes only and is not intended to be personalised investment or financial advice. Motley Fool Singapore contributor Sudhan P owns shares in SembCorp Industries Limited.