Welcome to Friday evening! Here are three things about the Singapore stock market and investing in general that you might want to look at today and over the weekend.
1. We’re right in the middle of earnings season! Here are the latest from my colleagues:
- Mapletree Industrial Trust (SGX: ME8U) – click here
- Parkway Life REIT (SGX: C2PU) – click here
- QAF Limited (SGX: Q01) – click here
- Great Eastern Holding Limited (SGX: G07) – click here
- United Overseas Insurance Limited (SGX: U13) – click here
- Sembcorp Marine Ltd (SGX: S51) – click here
- Mapletree Greater China Commercial Trust (SGX: RW0U) – click here
- Far East Hospitality Trust (SGX: Q5T) – click here
- United Overseas Bank Ltd (SGX: U11) – click here
- SMRT Corporation Ltd (SGX: S53) – click here
- Oversea-Chinese Banking Corp Limited (SGX: O39) – click here
2. This is not just the earnings season – it’s also a time for annual general meetings to be held. Some of my colleagues have been attending AGMs and sharing what they have learnt. Check out a few takes here:
- Vicom Limited (SGX: V01) – click here
- United Overseas Insurance – click here
- Super Group Ltd (SGX: S10) – click here
3. Oil is one of the most important resources in the world today. But, there have been upheavals to important global resources throughout history. With the price of oil today less than half of what it was at the 2014 peak, could oil return to its former glory? Here’s an interesting trip down memory lane to look at how the Earth might become oil-free.
Meanwhile, to learn more about investing and to keep up to date on the latest financial and stock market news, you can sign up for a FREE subscription to The Motley Fool's weekly investing newsletter, Take Stock Singapore. Also, like us on Facebook to follow our latest hot articles.
The Motley Fool's purpose is to help the world invest, better.
The information provided is for general information purposes only and is not intended to be personalised investment or financial advice. Motley Fool Singapore writer Chong Ser Jing owns shares in Vicom and Super Group.