Welcome to Monday evening! Here are three things about Singapore’s stock market and investing in general that you might want to look at today and over the rest of the week.
1. We’re still busy with the earnings season. Here’s the latest earnings coverage from my colleagues:
- United Industrial Corporation Ltd (SGX: U06) – click here
- Raffles Medical Group Ltd (SGX: R01) – click here
- DBS Group Holdings Ltd (SGX: D05) – click here
2. Last week saw the biennial Singapore Airshow taking place. The show has been a place for deals to be made between organisations in the aerospace industry. But with this year’s deal flow being significantly lower than the previous show in 2014, what might it signify for some of Singapore’s largest aviation-related companies? My colleague Stanley Lim has taken a look at the matter earlier today – check it out right here!
3. Gold. Beyond jewelry and a smattering of industrial uses, gold’s importance in society has largely been as a store of value. With stock markets around the world having a rough time of late, should investors turn to gold? James Yeo, another of my fellow Fools, had shared his thoughts on the matter. Jump in here for more!
Meanwhile, to learn more about investing and to keep up to date on the latest financial and stock market news, you can sign up for a FREE subscription to The Motley Fool's weekly investing newsletter, Take Stock Singapore. Also, like us on Facebook to follow our latest hot articles.
The Motley Fool's purpose is to help the world invest, better.
The information provided is for general information purposes only and is not intended to be personalised investment or financial advice. Motley Fool Singapore writer Ser Jing owns shares in Raffles Medical Group.