Welcome to Friday evening! Here are three things about Singapore’s stock market and investing in general that you might want to look at today and over the weekend.
1. It is earnings season again! Here are some of the latest earnings from companies that my colleagues have covered this week:
- Frasers Commercial Trust (SGX: ND8U) – click here
- Singapore Exchange Limited (SGX: S68) – click here
- Ascendas India Trust (SGX: CY6U) – click here
- Frasers Centrepoint Trust (SGX: J69U) – click here
- Keppel Corporation Limited (SGX: BN4) – click here
- Fortune Real Estate Investment Trust (SGX: F25U) – click here
2. So has the market bottomed? Or will the market continue its downward spiral next week? These are the questions some of you might have. But, should we really be focusing on those? The market will always be volatile and as investors, we should not be influenced by the volatility. Instead, we should use that to our advantage. With fear rising in the market, maybe it is time for us to get back to the basics of investing.
3. With the stock market falling hard in 2016 so far, it’s likely that there are bargains to be found. My colleague Chong Ser Jing had recently found one company that is trading at an absurdly low valuation. Could it be a hidden gem for investors? Find out more in here.
To keep up to date on the latest financial and stock market news, sign up now for a FREE subscription to The Motley Fool's weekly investing newsletter, Take Stock Singapore. It will teach you how you can grow your wealth in the years ahead.
Also, like us on Facebook to follow our latest hot articles. The Motley Fool's purpose is to help the world invest, better.
The information provided is for general information purposes only and is not intended to be personalised investment or financial advice. Motley Fool Singapore writer Stanley Lim doesn’t own shares in any companies mentioned.