Welcome to Monday evening! Here are three things about Singapore’s share market and investing in general that you might want to look at today and over the rest of the week.
1. We’re in the midst of earnings season now and with each new day comes a whole list of companies that have released their latest earnings reports. See the latest with:
Our FREE SGX stock pick!
- Wilmar International Limited (SGX: F34) – click here
- Ascendas Hospitality Trust (SGX: Q1P) – click here
- Straco Corporation Ltd (SGX: S85) – click here
- Sarine Technologies Ltd (SGX: U77) – click here
- First Resources Ltd (SGX: EB5) – click here
2. Investing is often known as an activity that’s part science and part art. But for those who can’t quite grasp the art side of things, all hope isn’t lost. As my colleague Stanley Lim pointed out earlier today, there’re still ways to invest successfully even if one’s very much more “science” inclined. Jump in here for more of his thoughts.
3. Singapore’s market benchmark the Straits Times Index (SGX: ^STI) had breached the 3,500 level for the first time since December 2007 just a month ago on 12 April 2015. With the index now perched at a level that’s just below 3,500, it would appear that Singapore’s stock market is highly priced. But is that really the case? Should investors be worried about the state of our market? The short answers are No and No; for a longer answer, check out my deep dive on the topic.
To learn more about investing and to keep up to date on the latest financial and stock market news, sign up for a FREE subscription to The Motley Fool's weekly investing newsletter, Take Stock Singapore. Also, like us on Facebook to follow our latest hot articles.
The Motley Fool's purpose is to help the world invest, better.
The information provided is for general information purposes only and is not intended to be personalised investment or financial advice. Motley Fool Singapore writer Chong Ser Jing owns shares in Straco Corporation and Sarine Technologies.